The word "invests" is grossly overused, even abused, these days. People use it as a "con job" to get you to think what they are promoting is actually going to become more valuable over time. "Invest in a new car" is the one that makes me laugh the hardest since, from every knowledgeable person I've heard, they say the second you drive the car off the lot, the car's value dramatically decreases.
However, I have an investment suggestion for Barack Obama and those in governmental power that really is an investment. And it's not some "give money to the super rich" idea, but dovetails perfectly with his desires to:
- create jobs
- help the poor
- promote green energy
- lower carbon emissions
- earn money for the government
- reduce dependancy on foreign oil
- cause us lowly citizens to have a reason to cheer our country
- and others I point out in the short article below.
Dear Barack Obama and Others,
Since y'all are considering spending a bunch of money, want to see it come back to you, want to help society and promote green energy and green jobs, then this idea is for you!
- US Govt. pays to install Vertical Axis Wind Turbines (VAWT) on people's houses and other buildings. I'm not an expert but ask these guys.
- The household gets to use whatever energy the windmill generates, but all extra energy is sold back to the grid.
- The payment back to the government takes the form of energy being sold back to the grid!
- Once the participating house/building has paid back 200% the costs (parts and labor), the homeowner is the new payee for energy being sold back to the grid.
- Immediate jobs.
- ZERO up-front costs to the homeowner/building owner.
- Immediate benefit to homeowners through reduced energy costs.
- Reduction in green house gasses.
- Immediate use for the increasing stockpiles of recycled metal (which are not being bought like they used to).
- Participating houses sell green-energy back to grid.
- Training and educating more people in important matters like electricity and energy.
- For landlord/tenant situations, I'd like to see the benefits split evenly. I.e. not a handout to the landlords.
- Strong resistance from energy companies who see ONLY themselves as the source of energy, and bristle at the thought of "lowly homeowners" becoming a force, selling power back to the grid.
- Strong resistance from energy companies who only think 31st century solutions are the answer.
Videos of VAWT in Action
Here are some links to videos that demonstrate these windmills.
Here is another wind turbine that supposedly uses magnetic levitation to eliminate friction for longer durability.